SPIRE Symposium, Thursday, April 15, 2024, 9:50am-4:30pm
Your writing, research, and creative works are important to the Hood College community! The SPIRE Symposium is a celebration of undergraduate student achievement and an opportunity for you to gain experience presenting your work to faculty, your fellow students, staff, and other interested members of the Hood community.
How can you participate?
- Deliver a Talk About Your Research
- Gather a Panel of Students to Discuss a Course-Related or Research Topic
- Present your Departmental Honors project
- Create a Poster and Discuss Your Work in a Drop-In Session
- Display Your Original Artwork and Share Your Thoughts on the Work and Creative Process
- Performance: Music, Creative Reading or Writing, Drama, Dance
- Show an Original Film
- Provide a Demonstration of an Experiment, Technology, or Idea Pitch
- Support Your Fellow Students by Attending Multiple Sessions
Proposals for the 2024 SPIRE Symposium will be accepted starting in January 2024!
Proposal submissions are welcome via this link starting in January 2024!
Thank you to all of the students who participated in and attended SPIRES 2023! It was a full day of learning, featuring 39 presentations (of which 20 were Tischer Scholar presentations), 27 posters presented by 51 students, and 20 students showcasing their artwork. Some students were involved in multiple presentations/posters.
To check out some of the recorded presentations, click the links below:
- Volpe Scholars Abroad
- Study Abroad Panel
- Internship at the Wilds
- Baseball and the Bottom Line
- Social Evolution and Challenges in Spanish Comics and Graphic Novels
- Will increases in income further light up Nepal?
- Merck Case Study
- Southwest Case Study
- Impact of Family Engagement on Children's Literacy Achievement
- How Weight-Inclusive Healthcare Can Improve Patient Outcomes
- College Food Insecurity and Enhacing Hood College's Campus Cupboard