Professional Licensure Disclosure

Hood College offers several programs leading to professional licensure within the State of Maryland. States and other jurisdictions vary in what professions they require to be licensed and the requirements for licensure within their borders. Our programs are designed to prepare students to apply for licensure exams in the state of Maryland. Students planning to become licensed in another state other than Maryland should contact the licensing agency for that state or jurisdiction to determine the appropriate requirements of the state-specific licensing board. Hood College is unable to determine whether its programs meet the licensing/certification requirements of states outside of Maryland. A list of state licensing boards and their contact information are provided below.

Hood College is an active member of the  National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) . Membership allows us to provide distance education programs to individuals located in other states. All states with the exception of California participate in SARA (as a non-public higher education institution that is accredited, degree granting, and non-profits, like Hood College, are exempt from approval by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education). SARA membership, however, does not grant reciprocity or exempt students from state professional licensure requirements. Additionally, host states requiring approval of supervised field experiences by agencies or boards responsible for fields requiring licensure or certification for practice remain in effect.

Licensure Certification Boards

Hood College provides the following list of licensing boards for each jurisdiction in the United States for its programs that typically lead to licensure. If you have any questions regarding any program not listed, please contact the director for the program in question.