The Office of Campus Safety is a full-service public safety provider with responsibility for campus safety, campus crime awareness and campus crime prevention and education, as well as parking and ID card services, emergency management, providing safety escorts and vehicle assistance, and managing vehicular and traffic control on campus.
Our office is operational 24 hours aday, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The Communications Center, located in the Whitaker Campus Center, is staffed by a campus safety operator at all times. Our safety officers are a well-trained team, who patrol the campus on foot and by vehicle, responding to all calls, whether criminal or non-criminal, both on and immediately near the campus. In partnership with the College community, the campus safety is committed to reducing, and in some instances even removing, those hazards, risks, conditions and circumstances associated with crime and the fear of crime on campus.
In compliance with federal requirements mandated by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Statistics Act [20 USC 1092(f)], campus safety is responsible for preparing, publishing and distributing an Annual Fire and Safety Report by October 1 of each year, for the purpose of disclosing and disseminating certain information regarding campus crime statistics, security policies and campus law enforcement.
Campus safety is your best first call.
Campus safety officers will be the first responders on scene and will report major offenses to the appropriate municipality first responders as needed and/or as required.
Be sure to have both numbers programmed into your cell phone.
- Non-emergency: 301-696-3548
- Emergency: 301-696-3111
Hood College has a strong partnership and frequently collaborates with the City of Frederick Police Department.
If you become the victim of a crime or if you witness a crime, immediately contact the Office of Campus Safety at 301-696-3111 or dial 3111 from any campus phone. We encourage all students, faculty, staff and visitors to immediately report all suspicious or unusual activity.
- Whitaker Center 108 (Switchboard)
- Whitaker Center 216 and 219 (Chief's Office and ID Office)
- Apple Building Mezzanine (Transportation Office)
Mission Statement: To safeguard the lives of all people within the jurisdiction of Hood College, protecting property and assisting in securing all persons equal protection within the law.
Strategic Goal Statement: Our goal is to provide to each of our community members the most effective service and protection within our means by making them aware of all that campus safety has to offer.
- Be approachable, creative, and resourceful to all faculty, staff and students alike. Understand and practice the virtues of tolerance, patience and compassion by providing good customer service.
- Continue to inform the Hood College community of the department’s functions, services and resources by verbal engagement.
- To seek training and professional development opportunities that would be beneficial to the interactions between the Campus Safety Department and the community.
- Continue being visible pro-active deterrents to negative behaviors.
- Continue to make positive long lasting relationships within the Hood Community.
Are you ready to say Hello?
Choose a Pathway
Information will vary based on program level. Select a path to find the information you're looking for!