Where hip meets historic
Hood's picturesque 50-acre campus is ideally situated in the middle of charming, historic Frederick, Maryland, less than one hour from Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Gettysburg, and surrounded by mountain views.
College towns are known for their youthful, intellectual energy. Hood's community of Frederick is no exception, with its modern sensibility, love of learning, diverse population and vibrant cultural scene.
You can take an easy walk to Downtown Frederick to a lively Main Street, with an eclectic mix of restaurants and cafes, unique specialty shops, galleries, museums and theaters housed in Civil War-era buildings. Carroll Creek Park features a walking path with plenty of seating and public art.
Just a couple blocks from campus, Baker Park boasts 58 acres of tennis courts, softball and baseball fields, Culler Lake, a public swimming pool, playgrounds, a band shell and a walking path to Downtown Frederick.
Awards & Accolades for Frederick
- #3 on the County Health Rankings in Maryland
- One of the Coolest Places in the United States
- #20 Prettiest American Towns to Escape to During Winter
- The Top 10 Most Livable College Towns in America
- #4 Best Place to Live in 2021
- 2021 County Health Rankings -- Highest
- 2021 Top 10 Remote-ready Cities in the US
- 2020 Top 100 Best Places to Live
- 10 Great Places in America
- Frederick Health: Top 100 Hospitals
- 17 Things to Do in Frederick
Are you ready to say Hello?
Choose a Pathway
Information will vary based on program level. Select a path to find the information you're looking for!