Career Center Events
Hire a Hood College Blazer!
Are you an employer or organization seeking an engaged and motivated intern or new hire? We invite you to visit our campus, meet our students, and find the talent you need!
Employers are invited to join us at career fairs, networking nights, lunch-hour recruitments, and on-campus interview sessions. The staff of the Career Center is looking forward to working with you to help you meet our students from more than 30 undergraduate majors and graduate-level majors!
Create an employer account in Handshake to begin posting your internships and jobs today! Need help setting up your account? Email email@example.com for assistance.
The Career Center welcomes and is excited to work with alumni of Hood College. If you are an employer, who is also a graduate of the college, who would like to participate in any of our events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To book an individual campus visit or for assistance in registering for an event, please contact Maura Page, Assistant Director of Employer Relations in the Center for Career Development and Experiential Education, at (301) 696-3583 or by email at email@example.com.
HOOD COLLEGE CAREER CENTER EVENTS
The following events are open to Hood College undergraduate and graduate students as well as alumni of the college.
Nonprofit Internship & Career Exploration Day - Thurs. Sept. 14, 2023, Noon - 2 p.m., Whitaker Campus Center. Click here for event registration.
- This event allows employers to interact with a wide array of students from all majors who are seeking internships, volunteer opportunities, and employment within nonprofit and community-based organizations.
Fall Maryland and Pennsylvania Career College Alliance Fair - (TBA)
- Brought to you by the Maryland Pennsylvania College Career Alliance, this virtual event offers employers the opportunity to interact with students from more than ten liberal arts colleges and universities.
Business and Communications Networking Night - Thurs., Oct. 12, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m., Whitaker Campus Center. Click here for employer registration.
- Enjoy meeting students from Hood's business, marketing, and communications programs. During this networking opportunity, you'll have the chance to share information about your business and meet potential interns and new hires.
FALL BREAK - Oct. 16 - 17
Science & Technology Networking Night and Career Fair - Thurs., Nov. 2, 2023, 3:00 - 6:00 p.m., Whitaker Campus Center. Click here for event registration.
- This event is designed to help science and technology students interact with employers seeking interns and new hires. Enjoy meeting students in a career fair event followed by networking and hors d'oeuvres.
Hood College Annual Etiquette Dinner with Mike True - Fri., Feb. 23, 2024, 5:00 - &:00 p.m., Dreiling Seminar Room, Coblentz Hall
- Are you an employer of an alum of the college who would like to be a professional guide for students who attend this event to learn about business etiquette and how to navigate a formal dinner? Share your experiences and offer advice as you dine with a table of Hood College students. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of this event.
Community Internship and Employment Fair - Thurs., Feb. 29., 2024, 12:30 - 2:00 p.m., Whitaker Campus Center. Click here for event registration.
- Employers from nonprofit agencies are invited to meet our soon-to-be graduating seniors who will be seeking employment, as well as students seeking internships and research opportunities. This event is open to students of all majors.
Hood College Annual Spring Career Fair - Thurs., Mar. 21, 2024, 3:00 - 6:00 p.m., Whitaker Campus Center. Click here for event registration.
- Meet graduate and undergraduate students actively seeking employment and career connections as they approach graduation. Meet students from more than 30 undergraduate majors and graduate majors. Consider an on-campus interview session as a follow-up to this event.
SPRING BREAK - Mar. 11 - 17, 2024
Spring Maryland and Pennsylvania Career College Alliance Networking Event for First-Generation Students (TBA)
- Brought to you by the Maryland Pennsylvania College Career Alliance, this virtual event will offer a panel of employers sharing advice with first-generation college students about navigating the job search process and the workplace. The Alliance is made up of more than ten regional liberal arts colleges and universities. To be part of this event, email Maura Page at email@example.com.
Federal & State Agency Career Fair - Thurs., Mar. 28, 2024, 12:30 - 2:00 p.m., Whitaker Campus Center. Click here for event registration.
- City, county, state, and federal agencies, and those that contract with them, are invited to attend this event and meet students hoping to serve the community in internship and employment roles. Meet students from all majors who are exploring ways to apply their skills in communication, law and criminal justice, business, psychology, computer science, politics, and more!
TEDxHoodCollege - Fri., Apr. 5, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m., Hodson Auditorium, Rosenstock Hall
- In its third year, TEDxHoodCollege invites professionals and experts from the community, along with Hood College students and alumni, to present compelling and innovative talks through the popular TED Talk format. This event is an independently organized event licensed by the TED organization. To learn more about this event or nominate a speaker, visit the TEDxHoodCollege website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Are you ready to say Hello?
Choose a Pathway
Information will vary based on program level. Select a path to find the information you're looking for!