On Jan. 27, Hood College hosted the Expanding STEM Education summit. Senators Ben Cardin and Chris Van Hollen of Maryland…
The NeighborHOOD Partners Program provides the following benefits to full-time employees of partner organizations and their dependents*:
- Tuition discount for graduate and undergraduate credits.
- Annual tuition discount of up to $15,000 for undergraduate and up to $1,000 for graduate students. For graduate students, this means up to $500 tuition discount available in the fall, and up to $500 tuition discount available in the spring.
- Students must be enrolled for both fall and spring semesters. Undergraduates must be full-time.
- Undergraduate students who also qualify for academic merit scholarships will receive the larger of the awards (merit scholarship or NeighborHOOD Partners discount) but not both.
- The graduate discount is not available for the doctoral program.
- The discount is not stackable with any other institutional scholarships or awards. It may be received in combination with need-based financial aid.
- For students with employer-funded educational benefits, the discount is "last dollar in" with the total received not to exceed the tuition charged.
- Employee eligibility must be verified by the partner's HR office each semester the student is enrolled.
- Additional fees (i.e. semester comprehensive fees) are included in the Neighborhood agreement.
* Available to employees once they have exceeded their employer's annual education benefits. For purpose of this partnership, a dependent child is one who will be claimed by the employee as an income tax exemption in each of the years in the partnership.
Individuals working with our partners listed below should download and complete the relevant employment verification form below to take advantage of the NeighborHOOD program.
Please note: the completed form must be signed and dated by the applicant's employer HR office to certify eligibility. For graduate NeighborHOOD form questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org., for undergraduate NeighborHOOD form questions, email email@example.com.
- Frederick Chamber of Commerce Verification Form
- Frederick Chamber of Commerce Member Employment Verification Form
- City of Frederick Employment Verification Form
- FCPS Employment Verification Form
- Frederick County Government Employment Verification Form
- Frederick Health
- Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research Verification Form
Hood Ceramic Arts Program Receives Grant from National Endowment for the Arts, Frederick Arts Council
The Hood College Ceramic Arts Program has received a $10,000 “Create and Activate Now” grant from the National Endowment for…
Hood College has partnered with eCampus.com as their new, official online college bookstore. The new eCampus.com customized Hood College online…
Hood College will receive $1 million from congressionally directed spending via the Fiscal Year 2023 Omnibus Appropriations Bill, secured by…