Aug. 22, 2018 - Kevin Stanfield just graduated from Hood, with a master of science in Environmental Biology, and a certificate in Global Information Systems, and his thesis related to environmental science and the use of drones and computational/remote sensing techniques.
Research Funds & Awards
Graduate Student Research Funds
Graduate students are eligible to submit funding requests to the Graduate Student Research and Travel Fund. This fund is intended to assist individual graduate students in the pursuit of their research and to help students disseminate their research results at professional meetings.
View the guidelines for graduate student research and travel fund below. Completion of these forms is required to request research funds:
- Graduate Student Research Fund Form
- Graduate Student Conference Fund Form
- Graduate Student Research and Travel Fund Guidelines
Outstanding Student Awards
Every May, special awards are presented at the Graduate Degree Recipient Reception to the outstanding students in each graduate program. Recipients are chosen from the list of students who graduated in the previous September, January and that May by the faculty in the graduate program. Generous donors have endowed the awards as follows:
Arts and Humanities
- Crespi-Hobby Outstanding Ceramic Arts Student Award
- Lisa Ann Sullivan, M.A. ’04 Outstanding Humanities Student Award
Biomedical Science and Environmental Biology
- Christopher H. Smith, M.S. ’95 Outstanding Environmental Biology Student Award
- Carlo and Valerie Bagni Outstanding Biomedical Science Student Award
- Jenny E. Nunn, M.S. ’06, C’00 Outstanding Curriculum and Instruction Student Award
- Dr. Keith R. Harris, M.S. ’99 Outstanding Educational Leadership Student Award
- Antoinette Border ’04, M.S. ’09 Outstanding Mathematics Education Student Award
- Virginia Wheeler Jones ’66, M.A. ’88 Outstanding Reading Specialization Student Award
Interdisciplinary Studies in Human Behavior
- Craig D. Lebo '84 Outstanding Interdisciplinary Studies in Human Behavior Student Award
- Dr. Dana G. Cable Outstanding Thanatology Student Award
- Amy Kaufman MacLeod ’08, MBA ’11 Outstanding MBA Student Award
Annual Funded Programs
- Fred and Lenora Dietzel MBA Award
- Chrissy Wheeler MBA Director's Award
Annual Funded Program
- Dr. Mary F. Kearney '96, M.S.'01 and Dr. Ann L. Boyd STEM Scholarship
- Bryce Blackwood Beauchamp ’84, M.S. ’87, MBA ’06 Outstanding Computer Science Student Award
- Stephen R. White Outstanding Management of Information Technology Award
- Gary Corsar, M.A. ’09 Outstanding Information Technology Student Award
Annual Funded Program
- Donna Mowry Thanatology Award
Graduate School Teaching Excellence Award for Faculty
Each May, the Graduate School presents awards to one full-time faculty and one adjunct professor who were nominated by students for graduate teaching excellence. The Graduate School Teaching Excellence Awards will be presented at the Graduate School Master’s Degree Reception in May.
Aug. 28, 2018 -- Some of the most knowledgeable people in Hood College’s Doctoral Program are the candidates themselves.
Alumna Rachel Bagni is leading a research team at the National Cancer Institute.
- Alumni Relations
- Health Sciences