Tuition & Fees
At Hood, we understand the cost of pursuing an advanced degree can be expensive. We have done our best over the years to keep costs down and make education affordable. We offer some of the lowest prices for a graduate degree in Maryland while improving the delivery of our education and the student's experience in the classroom. After graduation, our students re-emerge into the workforce with a new energy to make a difference not only in their own lives, but in the lives of others.
Hood College Tuition Payment Plan
The Tuition Payment Plan allows students to pay a semester's tuition and fees over a four- or five-month period. Monthly payments are deducted from a checking or savings account or by credit card.
Recent Hood undergraduate alums - who graduated with a bachelor's degree in the last three academic years - are welcomed back to campus or online to pursue a Hood graduate degree to hone their workplace skills for today's competitive job market. Recent alumni benefits include:
- Last three graduate credits at no cost.
- Undergraduate credits applied to master's degrees (based on major and graduate degree).
- Expedited graduate admission decision for recent undergraduate alumni.
- Graduate application fee waived
Hood College provides services to veterans and dependents of veterans eligible for veterans' educational benefits, including the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship Program. Information about veterans' benefits is available through the Office of Financial Aid.
The NeighborHOOD program provides tuition benefits to full-time employees of partner organizations and their dependents:
- City of Frederick
- Frederick County Public Schools
- Frederick County Government
- Frederick Health
- Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
Benefits include an annual tuition discount of up to $15,000 for undergraduate and up to $1,000 for graduate students. For graduate students, this means up to $500 tuition discount available in the fall, and up to $500 tuition discount available in the spring.
For more information visit our NeighborHOOD partners website.
Tuition (August to May)
Tuition Fees Per Credit (X 18 Credits)
Semester Comprehensive Fees
Total Credits 30 - 36
One class is typically 3 credits. A student pursuing any of the degrees below will be charged $500 per credit. If a student takes 6 classes during the academic year (August to May) it would equal 18 credits at a total cost of $9,000 for tuition only. The total tuition costs for the program excluding semester comprehensive fees is typically $15,000 to $18,000.
- Curriculum & Instruction (MS)
- EAP 500 course (3 credits)
- Educational Leadership (Certificate and MS) *see below for cohort fees
- Elementary STEM Education (Certificate)
- Environmental Biology (MS)
- Geographic Information Systems (Certificate)
- Humanities (MA)
- Math Education (MS)
- Mathematics Instructional Leadership (MS)
- Reading Specialization (MS)
- Multidisciplinary Studies (MS)