On-Campus Visit Protocols
Thank you for registering to visit Hood College for an on-campus visit experience! Prior to your visit we do request that all visitors, including guests touring with the prospective student, review the below visit protocols. Please note that a member of the Admission staff will reach out via phone call 24 hours prior to your visit to review these items and verify all visitors qualify. If a member of Admission staff cannot make contact, your visit will be cancelled.
If you have not registered for a visit, please click HERE to view options.
Hood College On-Campus Visit Protocols
- I verify that I and every member of my visiting group have a negative test result for COVID-19 from within in the last 72 hours or, have received the complete vaccination
- Every member of my visiting group has been following all social distancing protocols and to the best of my knowledge, have not tested positive nor been exposed to someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19
- Maryland residents only: I and every member of my visiting group live in Maryland and have been following all state safety and social distancing protocols
- Non-Maryland Residents: I live outside of MD, but my state (at time of visit) is not considered a “hot spot state” (see list at https://www.hood.edu/discover/welcome-home-blazers/employee-information/travel-policy#:~:text=The%20traveler%20must%20not%20have,%2Dof%2Dstates%20visitors).
- Note: Visitors from “hot spot states” may still have an opportunity to tour campus, but additional coordination may be necessary
- I will review the day-of checklist items with every member in my visiting group 24-hours prior to my visit. I understand that the temperature of every member of my visiting group will be taken when we arrive on campus and agree all parties will wear masks for the entirety of my visit
- Campus tours will be conducted primarily outdoors with access to facilities as safety allows. I understand that at any point in time my visit may be modified to an outdoor experience for the safety of all parties and to abide by current state, local or college protocols
- For the safety of my group and those providing tours, I will limit the number in my visiting group to the student and one or two others at a maximum. All members of my visiting group are in the same household
Day of Visit Checklist
A representative of Hood College will contact you prior to your visit to confirm your understanding of the protocols and the following checklist items. If we are unable to contact you within 24 hours of your scheduled visit your visit will be canceled. If you have experienced any of the following within 24 hours of your visit, contact Admission at 301-696-3400 or email@example.com to reschedule your visit.
I’ve tested positive for COVID-19
I’ve been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19
I have a cough
I have a temperature of 100.4 or higher
I have muscle or body aches
I have a loss of taste or smell
I have congestion or a runny nose (excluding seasonal allergies)
I have been fatigued
I have shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
I have a sore throat
I have a severe headache
I have nausea, vomiting, chills
I have diarrhea