- Professor of English
About this Program
African American Studies (Minor)
African American Studies enables all Hood College students to expand their knowledge and appreciation of the history and culture of people of African descent . Firmly based in liberal arts, the minor’s interdisciplinary curriculum provides students with the opportunity to study the lives and contemporary experiences of people of African descent in America. The program focuses primarily on African Americans in the United States, but includes a series of courses on African culture, history and politics worldwide.
The curriculum is structured to give students the opportunity to examine the interrelated dynamics of class, gender, race, ethnicity, politics and identity.
Small class size
Our average class has 15 students.All Faculty
- Associate Professor of English
- Assistant Professor of Social Work
- Director of Field Education
- Associate Professor of History
- Associate Professor of Political Science
- Department Chair
- Associate Professor of African American Studies
- Virginia E. Lewis Professor of Political Science