Homecoming and Fall Family Weekend
FREDERICK, Maryland—Hood College’s Homecoming and Fall Family Weekend will take place Sept. 27-29 with events for students, families, faculty, staff and all members of the Hood community.
The Blue and Grey Golf Tournament will kick off the weekend at 9 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 27 at P.B. Dye Golf Club in Ijamsville. Registration is open until Sept. 19 at hood.edu/golftournament. All money raised will go to Hood’s athletic programs, including facilities, equipment and uniforms.
Friday night, the ’80s band Guys in Thin Ties will play a free concert in the Hodson Outdoor Theater starting at 6:30 p.m. The fun will continue Saturday, Sept. 28 from noon to 4 p.m. at the Fall Family Festival on the residential quad, which will include music by Blazer Radio, face painting, rock wall climbing, pumpkin decorating, balloon sculptures, Build a Blazer Buddy stuffed animal creator, photo booth fun, inflatable apple bobbing, great food and more.
The Blazers volleyball, field hockey and men’s soccer teams will play home games on Friday and Saturday:
- Friday, Sept. 27
- 6 p.m.: Volleyball vs. Gettysburg College, Ronald J. Volpe Athletic Center
- Saturday, Sept. 28
- 10 a.m.: Volleyball vs. Lycoming College, Ronald J. Volpe Athletic Center
- 2 p.m.: Volleyball vs. Penn College, Ronald J. Volpe Athletic Center
- 4 p.m.: Field Hockey vs. Widener University, Thomas Athletic Field
- 7 p.m.: Men’s Soccer vs. Washington & Jefferson College, Thomas Athletic Field
Alumni games are also scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. For a full schedule of Homecoming activities and athletic events, visit hood.edu/homecoming.
Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications