- Undergraduate Faculty
Associate Professor of Social Work
Michelle Gricus completed her MSW at University of Houston and her Doctor of Social Work at St. Catherine University/University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota. Gricus teaches courses in social work practice and human behavior. She has taught and trained new and experienced human service providers, and is passionate about preparing professionals to provide ethical, person-centered, and culturally sensitive practice. Gricus’ current research interests center around the impact of ethical violations on social workers who have been disciplined.
- DSW, St. Catherine University/University of St. Thomas
- MSW, University of Houston
- B.A., College of St. Benedict, Social Work
- HON 201: LGBT Global Perspectives
- SOWK 201: Introduction to Social Work and Human Services
- SOWK 214: Child Welfare Policies and Services
- SOWK 325: Community Behavioral Health
- SOWK 327: Gerontological Social Work: Policy and Practice
- SOWK 342: Social Work Methods I
- SOWK 345: Human Lifecycle and the Social Environment
- SOWK 442: Social Work Methods II
- SOWK 452: Seminar on the Social Work Profession
- SWAG 200: Introduction to Gender and Women's Studies
Gricus, M. (2022). Evaluating professional misconduct: The effects of licensure state and board membership. Research on Social Work Practice. doi not yet available.
Peterson, L. T., & Gricus, M. (2022). A qualitative exploratory study of family inclusion in Assertive Community Treatment: Challenges and possibilities. Families in Society.https://doi.org/10.1177/10443894221074670
Gricus, M., & Wysiekierski, L. (2021). Social workers’ perceptions of their peers’ unprofessional behavior. Journal of Social Work. https://doi.org/10.1177/14680173211012576
Gricus, M. (2019). “Of all the social workers… I'm the bad one:” Impact of disciplinary action on social workers. Social Work Research, 43(1), 5-16. doi: doi.org/10.1093/swr/svy023
Certificate in Diversity Equity and Inclusion in Higher Education, with Distinction (2021)—SUNY Professional Development
Are you ready to say Hello?
Choose a Pathway
Information will vary based on program level. Select a path to find the information you're looking for!