Do you have a question not answered below? Email email@example.com.
Yes. Once again, we will utilize Grad Images to take photographs of graduates as they cross the stage and exit the stage. We will also have multiple photographers taking candids and capturing as much of the day as possible. All candids will be available online in the week after commencement. Grad Images will contact you directly for your formal stage photo.
Apply for graduation and indicate commencement participation through the registrar’s office.
- Students can confirm attendance preference by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (undergraduates) or email@example.com (graduates)
Order academic regalia (cap & gown), class rings, announcements, and diploma frames through Hood College Booksore/Herff Jones
- Online ordering directly through Herff Jones: http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/_hood/
- Purchase regalia in person that the on-campus Bookstore in Whitaker Campus Center
- Take your gown and hood out of the packaging well ahead of time; steam out wrinkles if necessary
Obtain student organization cords from Student Engagement office
Obtain academic honor society cords from your academic department
- Students should consult with their academic advisors and/or department chairs/program directors for information.
Obtain military cords for active duty or veterans through the Provost’s office: Julie Chalk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Review the commencement schedule, procedures and other important information online at www.hood.edu/commencement.
- Be sure to share ceremony livestream details with family and friends who can’t attend in-person
- Be sure to make necessary arrangements for special accommodations through Accessibility Services (email@example.com) no later than May 1.
Complete the career center survey (undergraduate students), which is emailed to Hood email accounts.
Yes, the event will be live streamed. A link will be available the morning of commencement on the Hood website.
Tickets will be needed only in the event of severe weather. Graduates will be allotted three tickets, which can be picked up after May 1.
No, we will post a video to the commencement website with all logistical information, including how to wear regalia, how to line up, how to process, and how to exit.
Yes, your graduation attire is required to take part in the ceremony. Graduates who do not wear commencement regalia will not be able to process.