Lab School FAQs
Hood Lab School is proud to announce our partnership with Georgetown Hill Early School for the 2019-20 school year.
Georgetown Hill Early School was founded in 1980 and has served Montgomery County with a play-based curriculum rooted in research, written by the founder, Ellen Cromwell. Georgetown Hill operates as a 501(c )3 Nonprofit organization.
Learn more about Georgetown Hill Early School.
What benefits will Georgetown Hill add to the Hood College Lab School?
- We will extend our operating hours to serve working families as well as students. We will be open 7a.m.-6 p.m.
- We will now offer morning and afternoon snacks.
- We will now offer onsite specials of P.E., Music, and Spanish included in curriculum.
- We will now offer a parent communication app for realtime updates to families.
- We will now have a healthy body, healthy minds focus– for both students and employees!
- We will now have access to a over 250 educators in the early childhood community.
What won't change about the Hood College Lab School?
- We will maintain our Onica Prall Child Development Center Mission and Philosophy.
- We will still have educational programs for children ages 3 and 4.
- We will still serve student learners and teachers with hands on work experience.
- We will still have qualified early educators who work with both children and college students.
- We will remain on Hood campus in the Onica Prall child development center.
- We will still provide care for Hood faculty, staff and students.
Why did we choose to partner with Georgetown Hill?
- With 40 years of experience in Montgomery County (Maryland), Georgetown Hill has the longevity to truly be “time tested” in this industry.
- Georgetown Hill operates in multiple federal centers, so they are experts in partnering with larger entities to provide affordable quality care.
- Georgetown Hill has lower teacher turnover than almost anyone in the industry, with less than 10% per year! Their motto is Happy Teachers = Happy Children = Happy Parents
- Georgetown Hill gives back. Not only are they nonprofit, but they support our mission and vision with community partnerships, sponsorships, and giving.
- Georgetown Hill values educated teachers and offers great benefits to their employees.