Online Education Degrees
Hood College offers several online graduate programs for educators:
- Curriculum and Instruction, 36 credit master’s
- Enriches the certified teacher’s knowledge of research-based teaching and learning in the context of the profession’s shifting landscape.
- Educational Leadership, 36 credit master’s or 18 credit certificate
- Permits teachers to earn the State of Maryland Administrator I license that enables a teacher to apply for school-based assistant principal and central office supervisor positions.
- Elementary STEM, 15 credit certificate
- Prepares elementary teachers to engage and motivate students in meaningful STEM learning from their earliest school years.
- Mathematics Education, 30 credit master’s or 15 credit certificate
- Combines courses from both mathematics and education and to help teachers become more effective teachers of mathematics.
- Mathematics Instructional Leadership, 30 credit master’s
- Offers a pathway for currently certified teachers to meet the requirements of the Maryland State Department of Education Mathematics Instructional Leadership endorsement in either grades PreK-6 or grades 4-9.
- Multidisciplinary Studies in Education, 36 credit master’s
- Allows graduate students to take courses across three educational programs (Curriculum and Instruction, Reading Specialization, and Educational Leadership).
- Reading Specialization, 36 credit master’s
- Satisfies the Maryland State Department of Education’s requirements for licensure as a reading specialist.
- Are designed for current teachers, with teachers’ schedules and needs in mind.
- Welcome non-degree seeking students to enroll in coursework.
- Include a balance of online synchronous and online asynchronous coursework.
- Have rolling admissions. Courses begin in August, January, May, and July.
For more information:
- See https://www.hood.edu/graduate
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 301-696-3131
- Apply at https://www.hood.edu/graduate/admission/how-apply
- Tuition information can be found at https://www.hood.edu/graduate/admission/tuition-fees
- Course descriptions/schedules can be found at https://selfservice.hood.edu/SelfService/Search/Section