Travel & Hotel Information
Please note: Follow your institution's travel regulations. Some accommodations may not be allowed.
For those wishing to stay in a local hotel, you may make your own reservations. We suggest the following options:
- * Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick, Fort Detrick (1565 Opossumtown Pike, 301-696-1565)
- Hampton Inn Frederick (5311 Buckeystown Pike, 301-698-2500)
- Hilton Garden Inn Frederick (7226 Corporate Court, 240-566-1500)
- Courtyard by Marriott (5225 Westview Drive, 301-631-9030)
* A block of rooms with a conference rate will be reserved after January 1, 2024
Three airports service the local area:
- Baltimore-Washington Airport BWI** (~51 miles to Frederick)
- Washington Dulles Airport IAD (~43 miles to Frederick)
- Reagan National Airport DCA (~51 miles to Frederick)
** most convenient option
Note: Duration of travel may differ dependin on the time of day and traffic conditions.
Parking on Campus
Symposium attendees may park in any open lot, regardless of signage for faculty, staff and students. There is also street parking available on Rosemont Avenue.
Hood College catering will provide meals and snacks throughout the symposium.
For those wishing to dine on their own, campus is only a 15-minute walk from Downtown Frederick. Uber, Lyft, taxis, etc. are also an option in Frederick.
The College’s campus map can be found at: map.hood.edu. All sessions will be held in Rosenstock Hall.