The Office of Marketing and Communications is here to help you with your promotional needs. To help us serve you better, please read through these basic guidelines.
Step 1: What do you want?
Before we can successfully work together, it’s important to think about your goals. Before filling out the appropriate project request form, here are some things to think about:
- What are you promoting?
- Who is your audience?
- What is your primary goal?
- What is the key message you want to communicate?
Step 2: How can we help?
We offer web services, print design services, writing, editing, event promotion, social media, media relations, video, photography and advertising. You may need just one of these services, you may need a combination of several, or you may not know what you need. Here are some questions to get you started:
- Is your event on the campus calendar?
- Do you think this would make a good story for Hood Magazine?
- Do you think media outlets (local, regional or national) would be interested in it?
- Do you need a brochure, posters or other printed publication?
- Does it need to be added to an existing website or have a new page created for it?
Step 3: Don’t Delay!
We need time to complete your project, so please don’t delay in contacting us. Keep in mind the following lead times for our services. Please note: time requirements may change depending on other projects.
Please keep these suggested minimum lead times in mind when requesting a project:
- Advertisement (1-2 weeks)
- Email Header (1-2 weeks)
- Booklet, Event Program (2-3 weeks)
- Brochure (2-3 weeks)
- Flyer (2 weeks)
- Postcard (2-3 weeks)
- Poster (2-3 weeks)
- Press Release (1-2 weeks)
- Reprint (1 week)
- Social Media Promotion (2-3 weeks)
- Special Photography (1-2 weeks)
- Edits (1-2 weeks)