Required Medical Forms
Complete medical records are required for all new students. Please download the Required Medical Forms and return to Hood College Health Services as soon as possible.
New residential and commuter are required to submit medical forms to Hood College Health Services. Forms are to be completed and on file at the Health Center by July 31 for the upcoming fall semester, and by December 31 for upcoming spring semester. Students who do not complete all forms will have a registration hold placed on their account.
Important Information About Required Medical Forms and Immunizations:
- The Report of Medical Exam, Report of Medical History, Immunization Record and Emergency Contact forms must be completed and returned to Hood College Health Services. The four required forms should be returned by July 31 for fall enrollment or December 31 for spring enrollment.
- Forms may be returned in the following ways:
- Fax directly to the Hood College Health Services, ATTN: Lori Cavanaugh at 301-698-0182 with a confidential cover page.
- Hand deliver them during Hood College Summer Orientation & Advising Days, or during Health Services office hours.
- U.S. mail: Hood College Health Services at FH Toll House, ATTN: Lori Cavanaugh 501 W. 7th Street, Frederick, MD 21701 (marked confidential)
- Upload a scanned copy of all pages to Hood's secure document exchange. Select Health Center as the receiving office.
- Registration for classes in subsequent semesters cannot be completed until your health forms are on file.
- Please keep a copy of all completed forms for your records.
- If a student finds they need a reasonable accommodation based on a documented disability that prevents them from complying with the vaccine requirements, they will need to submit a request for an exemption. Applications for exemptions are due by July 31 for the upcoming fall semester and December 31 for the upcoming spring semester.
In order to offer convenient physical examinations at an affordable price, incoming students may make an appointment to complete the required physical examination at Hood College Health Services in the Frederick Health Toll House facility. You may schedule an appointment by calling 301-698-8374. The charge for the physical exam is $75 and you must have your complete vaccination record in order to receive an exam. Hood College Health Services is located at 501 W. 7th Street Frederick, MD 21701 in the Frederick Health Toll House facility.
Hood College does not offer health insurance plans to students at this time. Domestic and international students can obtain health insurance through the health care exchanges established pursuant to the Affordable Care Act.
- Maryland Health Insurance Exchange
- Phone: 855-288-3667
- Health Care Connection, Frederick County Health Department
All full-time international students must have adequate medical insurance coverage, either through an overseas student insurance plan or other international student insurance plan.
Below is a list of health insurance companies for international students. Hood College does not endorse any of the programs listed and students will need to purchase with their discretion. Our purpose is to provide you various health insurance program options which are available to you.
International Student Insurance
Maryland Health Insurance Exchange
Cultural Insurance Services International
VISIT International Health Insurance
General Health Education Resources
Are you ready to say Hello?
Choose a Pathway
Information will vary based on program level. Select a path to find the information you're looking for!