Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates having participated in the Hood College Honors Program:
1. Engage in interdisciplinary learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess, analyze, and/or critique an idea, issue, text, object, theme, or concept from more than one perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to compare and/or contrast various approaches to a particular. concept, idea, practice, issue, or movement
2. Perform research and/or creative scholarship.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct research, properly cite sources/data, and use sources/data to support a central thesis/argument in formal academic writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to present research and/or findings in oral, visual, creative, and/or non-verbal ways.
3. Participate in service and experiential learning.
- Demonstrate the development of practical skills directly related to a service or experiential learning experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and/or independently to define and/or implement an appropriate. project/plan of work.
4. Demonstrate global cultural awareness.
- Demonstrate progress towards oral and written proficiency in a second (non-English) global language.
- Demonstrate familiarity with global perspectives and have increased exposure to and awareness of global foods and cultures.
Are you ready to say Hello?
Choose a Pathway
Information will vary based on program level. Select a path to find the information you're looking for!