Say Yes to Hood!
Congratulations! You have what it takes and you're on your way to becoming a Blazer!
Listed below is everything you need to know about completing the undergraduate enrollment process.
Submit your deposit by May 1, 2023 to guarantee enrollment and be eligible to take one free Hood College class in summer 2023!
If you have not already done so, visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa to obtain your FSA ID and complete your 2022-23 FAFSA as soon as possible. We need this information to provide you with a complete financial award package.
- Accepted Student Checklist
- Enrollment Agreement Spring 2022
- Enrollment Agreement Fall 2022
- Learn more about Hood College's vaccine policy
Follow @hoodadmission for accepted student content, including: current student takeovers, FAQs, and more! So, say yes to Hood, then say Hello!
Connect with Your Admission Counselor
Your admission counselor is a great resource for all your application and enrollment needs. if you have any questions about the enrollment process, your counselor is here to help.
Financial Aid Questions?
Connect with our experts at (301)696-3411 or email@example.com.
Visit Downtown Frederick
We like to say Frederick is hip and historic. Also it's within walking distance of campus! Downtown Frederick has fun, unique and eclectic covered with shops, restaurants, museums and attractions. Frederick is surrounded by parks, mountains, hiking- and is less than an hour from Washington, DC, Baltimore and Gettysburg.
Share the Good News!
How did you react when your found out you were accepted? Share the good news on social media and tag us. You can also download images for Facebook and Instagram.
- Facebook cover images: Class of 2024; Class of 2023; Class of 2022
- Instagram images: Class of 2025; Class of 2024; Class of 2023; Class of 2022
Accepted Students' Programming 2021 Recordings
- Deposited Student Checklist
- Set up your Hood College email account so you can access Self Service. During the summer, Self Service is what you will use to register for classes, complete important forms, etc.
- Your username and password were sent in the letter confirming payment of your enrollment deposit. If you need this information to be resent, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you receive your username and password, set up your email as soon as possible; your temporary password expires in 90 days. If it has been 90 days since you submitted your enrollment deposit, please email email@example.com.
- Check your Hood and personal e-mail (the one you used to submit your application) often. Hood will use one or the other (but not always both) to share important communication throughout your enrollment at Hood.
- All new students can take one Hood College summer course for FREE! See the courses offered and learn more NOW!
- Download and submit all required medical and immunization forms. These forms are due by July 31, 2022 but can be completed up to a year before you begin classes at Hood, so don't wait, you can do it now!
- Complete math, English, and global language placement tests, if you will not be bringing in college credit in these areas.
- Register for classes:
- All new students should register for Summer Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) events. Details about virtual advising/class registration as well as on-campus summer orientation dates will be emailed to your personal email, or you can learn more and register here. For additional advising and registration questions, contact Student Success or 301-696-3569
- New Residential Students: Between May 15 and July 8 you will need to complete a housing form which is located in Self Service. The Office of Residence Life will email housing information to your Hood email after July 22. Please contact ResLife with questions or to request housing forms.
- Apply for academic or housing accommodations (if necessary). To ensure a smooth transition, begin this process as soon as possible. Information and forms are available at Accessibility Services.
- Submit your official SAT and ACT scores (for general reporting purposes only) to Admissions.
- Submit a request to all previous institutions to have your official transcript(s) sent to Hood before the start of the semester. These official transcripts should have your final course grades. Failure to submit final transcripts will prevent future course registrations.
- Steps to order your transcript(s):
- Contact your high school to order an official transcript and have it sent to Hood College directly from the institution.
- If you took dual enrollment courses, please contact that college/university to order an official transcript and have it sent directly to Hood College. We need your official high school transcript as well as an official college transcript in order to apply credit to your Hood record.
- Transfer students must order official transcripts from all previous colleges/universities and have them sent directly to Hood College.
- For quickest transcript delivery, please request an electronic official transcript. You may be able to find ordering information online at your previous institution.
- Steps to order your transcript(s):
- Attend fall Orientation beginning on Friday, August 19 (more details coming soon) - this is the official beginning of your time as a Hood Blazer. Congratulations!