Hood College has a three-year residency requirement for full-time undergraduate students beginning with the fall 2018 semester.
First-year, sophomore and junior students beginning fall 2020 are required to live in College housing. (This includes sophomore students entering in fall 2019 and junior transfer students entering in fall 2020.)
At the time of admission to the College, the Office of Admission will work with students to determine their residency status in line with the criteria outlined in this residency requirement. After matriculation, students interested in seeking an exception to the residency requirement must (1) work with the Office of Residence Life to receive residency status change approval prior to electronically signing their housing contract, and (2) must meet one of the criteria below. Any student who falsifies information to avoid compliance with the residency requirement is subject to suspension or dismissal from the College.
The only valid exceptions to the residency requirement which will be considered are the following:
- The student is 23 years of age or older at the start of the academic year.
- The student is 22 years of age or younger and living with an immediate family member (defined as a parent/legal guardian, grandparent, or sibling) no more than a 30-mile commute from Hood College according to online map directions. A parent/legal guardian is defined as the person(s) who is named and whose financial information appears on the student’s completed FAFSA.
- The student is currently married, in a civil union or a domestic partner relationship (civil union and domestic partnership must have been in existence at least six months prior to date of request).
- The student is a military veteran.
- The student has dependent children living with them.
Students may choose to live off campus at the completion of their third year by not participating in the room selection process for their senior year. Students bound by the three-year requirement who do not participate in the room selection process will be administratively assigned an on-campus housing assignment and meal plan.
For more information, email email@example.com.