Response to Cases
If you Test Positive for COVID
- Contact email@example.com, provide the following information and isolate in place while you wait for further instructions.
- What day did you test positive? Provide a photo, or copy of the test result if available.
- What symptoms are present, if any?
- If symptoms are present, what day did they begin?
- Contact your health provider for further instruction. For emergency warning signs, immediately call 9-1-1. COVID-19-related emergency warning signs include, but are not limited to: trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in your chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, and bluish lips or face.
- If a student or employee is required to isolate or quarantine and does not adhere to the Health and Safety standards, they are subject to sanctions per the Student Code of Conduct, the Staff Manual or the Faculty Code.
Quarantine/Isolation for Students
All community members are required to isolate off-campus for 5 days of isolation following a positive COVID-19 test result. If a residential student cannot travel home, they must isolate in place in their residence halls. Students should begin each semester with a plan for how and where they will isolate in the event of a positive test result.
If a residential student is unable to travel home for isolation (due to the need for train or plane travel), they must seek approval by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to isolate in place. All students isolating in place must stay in their designated rooms and away from other people as best they can until the CDC’s criteria of when it is safe to be around others are met and their medical provider and the director of wellness clears them. The only exceptions are to access medical care, to use the shared residence hall bathrooms and to pick up meals from Dining Services. Students who are isolating-in-place, may need to continue to share space with a roommate, suitemates etc. To reduce exposure to others, the COVID-positive individual must wear a well-fitted N95 or KN95 mask at all times and disinfect frequently touched or shared surfaces. They must not go to class (including internships) or work.
If a student is required to isolate or quarantine and does not adhere to the health and safety standards, the student is subject to immediate removal from campus housing (if a residential student) and/or may be suspended or dismissed from the College.