Today's world can be complicated, with multiple demands our time and attention.
Finding ways to balance our work and personal responsibilities is an important part of taking care of physical and mental health. The resources on this page are provided to give you support in the eight dimensions of wellness that make up our HealthyU program.
These resources are not meant to be an exhaustive list, but will give you information about Hood-specific, community-based and national programs.
- BHS (user name: Hood)
- Maryland 211
- Frederick County Mental Health Association
- National Suicide Prevention
- National Institutes of Mental Health
A Menu of Apps
Increasingly, Americans are finding assistance on their devices through self-help apps – often at the advice of professionals. The website PsychCentral recently published its list of “The Best Apps for Depression in 2021,” along with descriptions and reviews for each of the following:
- Best for meditation: Headspace
- Best for sleep: Calm
- Best for self-guided therapy: Youper
- Best for community support: Sanvello: Anxiety and Depression
- Best for AI-based therapy: Wysa
- Best for daily mood tracking: Daylio
- Best game: SuperBetter.
No app is a substitute for professional counseling or appropriate medication, but to decrease stress or mitigate depression, you may find one or more of these useful.
- Hood Fitness Center
- Hood Aquatics
- Campus Walking Maps
- Frederick Health
- Live Well Frederick
- Frederick County Parks and Recreation
- Frederick County Smoking Cessation Program
- AARP Healthy Living
- American Heart Association
- American Cancer Society
- Alzheimer's Association