Hood Advantage Program
Full-tuition grants for high-need students.
Hood College is committed to making higher education equitable, accessible and affordable.
We are proud to offer the Hood Advantage Program, which covers tuition for students from Maryland with the greatest financial need.
Learn more about the Hood Advantage Program below and find out if you qualify.
- You live in Maryland.
- Your family’s household income is $50,000 or less.
- You maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in high school.
- You apply to Hood College as a first-year, full-time, undergraduate student.
- Full cost of tuition ($45,000+).
- Room and board.
- Books and other personal supplies.
- Simply fill out and submit an application to Hood College.
- You must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list Hood College as one of your schools of choice (school code 002076).
- Students who qualify will automatically receive the Hood Advantage Program as part of their financial aid package.
- The Hood Advantage Program covers tuition for up to four years.
- Financial need is defined as the difference between cost and ability to pay.
- In a college setting, this means financial need is the difference between the cost of attendance and the student’s expected family contribution.
- You can calculate your financial need with the following formula:
Financial Need = Cost of Attendance – Expected Family Contribution.