S-STEM Scholarship Program
Hood’s National Science Foundation Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Program (S-STEM) program provides partial scholarships averaging $7500 for highly-talented transfer students interested in majoring in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, computer science, environmental science, or mathematics who have a demonstrated financial need. The scholarship program is titled: Interdisciplinary STEM Education and Mentoring for Transitioning to STEM Success (IN TRANSIT).
In addition to financial assistance, this program will provide access to peer-led tutoring, a STEM Summer Transition Program, faculty and peer mentoring, and an interdisciplinary STEM seminar series
For more information on Hood's S-STEM Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must complete the Hood College S-STEM scholarship application form by April 15.
- Applicants must complete their Hood College Admissions and FAFSA applications by April 15.
- Applicants must submit a recommendation letter from a high school or college science or math teacher as part of their application.
- Applicants should have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher from the higher education institution from which they are transferring.
- Scholarship finalist must be willing to participate in virtual interviews.
- Applicants must be seeking a degree in the areas of biology, biochemistry, chemistry, environmental science, math, computer science, or computational science.
- Applicants must enroll full-time at Hood College beginning fall 2021.
- Students who plan on careers that include K-12 education or medicine and medical related fields are not eligible for scholarship funding under this program.
- Only students transferring from another institution of higher education are eligible for up to two years of continuous support.
The Hood College S-STEM program is funded by the National Science Foundation Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Program (S-STEM) (DUE 1833752).