S-STEM Scholarship Program
Hood’s National Science Foundation Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Program (S-STEM) program provides partial scholarships averaging $7500 for highly-talented students interested in majoring in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, environmental science, mathematics, computer science, or computational science who have a demonstrated financial need. The scholarship program is titled: Interdisciplinary STEM Education and Mentoring for Transitioning to STEM Success (IN TRANSIT).
In addition to financial assistance, this program will provide access to peer-led tutoring, aSTEM Summer Transition Program between Sophomore and Junior years, an introduction to STEM research methods course, a STEM first-year seminar, faculty and peer mentoring, and an interdisciplinary STEM seminar series.
For more information on Hood's S-STEM Program, contact us at email@example.com
- Applicants must complete the Hood College S-STEM scholarship application form by March 1.
- Applicants must complete their Hood College Admissions and FAFSA applications.
- Applicants must submit a recommendation letter from a high school science or math teacher as part of their Hood College admissions application.
- Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher in high school.
- Scholarship finalist must be willing to participate in-person interviews for applicants who live within 50 miles and virtual interviews with those outside the local area.
- Applicants must be seeking a degree in the areas of biology, biochemistry, chemistry, environmental science, math, computer science, or computational science.
- Applicants must be full-time student at Hood College.
- Student who plan on careers that include medicine or other related fields are not eligible for scholarship funding under this program.
The Hood College S-STEM program is funded by the National Science Foundation Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Program (S-STEM) (DUE 1833752).